Sunday, May 30, 2010

Multiplicity

Oh yes, I almost forgot: yesterday, Sophie and I were picking up some Chinese food for lunch, because I was feeling like a lazy fuck and she, being only three years old, is lacking in any mad cooking skillz at this point--perhaps after her first Easy Bake Oven we can reassess her abilities. I was having the Kung Pao chicken, while she is more of a chicken and broccoli sort of girl. She also loves chopsticks, although she is terrible with them so far. I'm going to order her some practice sticks for her birthday, so there's always the chance that she'll be grabbing flies out of the air before she's five. From there it's only a short hop until she kicks the ass of the bad girl in her school during a karate tournament, and her future awesomeness will be cemented.

Actually, none of that is what I meant to tell you.

On our way out of the restaurant and back to the car, we passed a man who looked exactly like me, in some weird David Cronenbergian Dead Ringers kind of way (okay, not that weird--because what could be more weird than identical twin gynecologists? Yep: identical twin cross-dressing Sarah Palin impersonators. Or actually just Sarah Palin herself. Again, I digress.)

As he walked past us, Sophie pointed at him and said, "He is also my daddy, Daddy!"

I don't know why I brought this up, other than it was pretty cute, and also it's good to know that I would be so easily replaceable if I fell into the ocean while crab fishing and drowned.
Related Posts with Thumbnails