Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Only An Asshole Gets Killed For a Car

Well, motherfuck. I was planning on going to bed before the sun comes up, but now I've got this wild hair up my ass to watch Repo Man for the millionth time, because that's just how my brain works sometimes. If I were smarter, I'd just leave it alone, go to bed, and watch it on the laptop tomorrow while Sophie is maybe watching Dora the Explorer or taking a nap, but honestly? I'd rather watch it on the big TV, and since I'm off tomorrow, when she takes a nap, I plan to be right there asleep with her.

Repo Man is fucking awesome. It's easily the best movie produced by a Monkee, directed by the guy that did Sid & Nancy, starring the King of Cool, Harry Dean Stanton, and the Not-So-Cool, Emilio Estevez, and a 1964 Chevy Malibu hauling radioactive alien bodies in the trunk that I've ever seen, and God knows I've seen every Monkee-produced, Alex Cox-directed, H.D.S. and E.E.-acted, alien-hauling Chevy Malibu movie ever made.

It's the Citizen Kane of repo movies. Also, the soundtrack kicks all sorts of ass: Iggy Pop, Black Flag, Suicidal Tendencies... I remember that my gang of friends back in high school passed around cassette dubs of the album like they were crack, and holy shit did I ever want to join the Circle Jerks after listening to it over and over and over and over... Many years later, when I saw that the soundtrack had finally been released on CD, I nearly pooped myself in excitement over it.

I should have lost my virginity watching this movie, dammit! That's how awesome it is.

Related Posts with Thumbnails